There is lots on offer for everyone over summer. Most of the summer programs run from Oct- Dec, with indoor hockey at Skateworld continuing through to end – Feb.
What is out there?
- On Wednesday evening at Farm Rd Hockey Victoria in conjunction with Southern United will be offering a program of Hockey Sixers and J Ball. The Hockey 6’s is a new form of the game, fast, exciting and giving a chance for everyone to get involved, while J ball is designed for adults new to hockey – no mouthguard, shin pads or hard ball. Both are open to everyone, being part of a club is not necessary.
- Hockey Victoria will be running an indoor program located at MSAC (Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre) and at Dandenong Indoor Arena (next to Dandenong hockey pitch). The program at MSAC will be shield and A grade level, that at Dandenong is targeted is called pennant for lower grade/newer players.
- Hockey Equipe will be again running their highly successful indoor program at Skateworld in Mordialloc. This competition is a great competition for lower grade/newer players in a great environment and continues through to late February.
- Hockey Victoria will be running indoor club championships generally at Monash University – Clayton.
Summer hockey, unlike winter hockey, does not have a training night and competition night/day, it is only the one commitment per week
Interested in Indoor?
- For more details regarding indoor see table below and indoor here and check out our Indoor Resource Centre
- We recommend that players who are wanting to play indoor for the first time play at the Hockey Equipe competition, timing permitted. This competition is a great competition for “non shield” players. A great environment for spectators and players. This competition ran for the first time last year, and was enjoyed by all. The added bonus of this competition for all is the environment, spectator space, canteen open and umpires provided.
- For those juniors interested in playing indoor please fill in form here Any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limited spaces are available in some of the competitions so please let us know as soon as possible if you are interested.
- For players who wish to be in a men’s team please contact Helen at email@example.com
- For players who wish to be in a women’s indoor team please contact Alisia at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in J Ball or Hockey Sixers?
- Hockey Sixers will have competition/games for all ages going from Under 8s through to Multi-age/Family Hockey and men and women competition. Games will commence at 5.15 with the younger age groups. J-Ball is exciting and new for all those that have not played hockey before.
- Visit socialhockey.com.au for more information
- For those juniors interested in playing social hockey in juniors and would like us to create a team please fill in form here
- Contact email@example.com if you have questions.
- If you already have a team of friends you wish to play with you can register your team at socialhockey.com.au
Social Hockey Options
All Social Hockey runs from 18th October for eight weeks finishing 6th Dec. Various options exist regarding registration fee and more detials will be available at http://suhc.com.au/section-information/summer/
The estimate fees below are based on 8 per team. The games have 6 players on field at once.
|Competition||Year of Birth||Location||Day||Time||Fee||Estimated
|U8 – Hockey Sixers||2010 2009||Farm Rd||Wed||5.15pm||$300 /team||$37.50||$4.70|
|U10 – Hockey Sixers||2008 2007||Farm Rd||Wed||5.50pm||$300 /team||$37.50||$4.70|
|U12 – Hockey Sixers||2006 2005||Farm Rd||Wed||6.25pm||$300 /team||$37.50||$4.70|
|Multi-age – “Family”
|Farm Rd||Wed||7pm||$475 /team||$60||$7.50|
|Men – Hockey Sixers||Farm Rd||Wed||8.30 & 9.15pm||$700 /team||$87||$11|
|Women – Hockey Sixers||Farm Rd||Wed||8.30 & 9.15pm||$700 /team||$87||$11|
|Jball||Farm Rd||Wed||7.45pm||$350 /team||$45||$6|
Indoor Hockey Options at a glance please see indoor here for more details
|Competition||Year of Birth||Location||Day||Time||Dates||Est. fee / player||Number Rounds||Est Fee/
|U12 Indoor – District/Pennant||2005/6||Skateworld||Sun||am||15 Oct-17 Dec,
|$140||15 inc training||$9.30|
|U14 Indoor – District/Pennant||2003/4||Skateworld||Thur||Evening||12 Oct-14 Dec
1 Feb-1 March
|U16 Indoor – District/Pennant||2001/2||Skateworld||Tue||Evening||10 Oct-12 Dec
30 Jan – 27 Feb
|$140||15 inc training||$9.30|
|U18 / Open – Pennant / Metro||99/00||Skateworld||Sun||Evening||15 Oct-17 Dec,
|U11 Mixed Shield||06/07||MSAC||Sun||AM||15 Oct-17 Dec||$100||8||$12.50|
|U13 Mixed Shield||04/05||MSAC||Thur||Evening||19 Oct-14 Dec||$100||8||$12.50|
|U15 Mixed Shield||02/03||MSAC||Mon||Evening||9 Oct – 12 Dec||$105||8||$13.10|
|U15 Girls Shield||02/03||MSAC||Sun||Morning||15 Oct – 17 Dec||$105||8||$13.10|
|U18 Mixed Shield||99-01||MSAC||Tue||Evening||10 Ot – 12 Dec||$115||8||$14.40|
|A Grade Men||MSAC||Sun||PM||15 Oct – 17 Dec||8||$15|
|A Grade Women||MSAC||Sun||PM||15 Oct – 17 Dec||8||$15|
|U13 Girls Club Champs||04/05||Monash||25/26 Nov||$105|
|U13 Boys Club Champs||04/05||Monash||25/26 Nov||$105|
|U15 Girls Club Champs||02/03||Monash||14/15 Oct||$105|
|U15 Boys Club Champs||02/03||Monash||14/15 Oct||$105|
|U18 Girls Club Champs||99-01||Monash||2/3 Dec||$105|
|U18 Boys Club Champs||99-01||Monash||2/3 Dec||$105|
|Men’s Club Champs||MSAC||7/22 Oct||$115|
|Women’s Club Champs||MSAC||8/21 Oct||$115|
|U11 Mixed Pennant||06/07||Dandenong||Sun||AM||8 Oct – 17 Dec||$90||9||$10|
|U13 Mixed Pennant||04/05||Dandenong||Sun||AM||8 Oct – 17 Dec||$90||9||$10|
|U15 Mixed Pennant||03/02||Dandenong||Sun||PM||8 Oct – 17 Dec||$105||9||$11.70|
|U18 Mixed Pennant||03/02||Dandenong||Thur||Evening||5 Oct – 14 Dec||$120||9||$13|
|B Grade Men||Dandenong||Mon||Evening||2 Oct – 11 Dec||9|
|B Grade Women||Dandenong||Mon||Evening||2 Oct – 11 Dec||9|