On Saturday Minister for Community Sport Ros Spence announced that applications will open on 1 March 2021 for the opening round of the $21 million Get Active Kids Voucher Program, we’re hoping to make that happen for thousands of eligible kids around the state.
The program will support the delivery of up to 100,000 vouchers to support eligible kids get involved in organised sport and recreation activities by providing up to $200 towards the cost of membership and registration fees, sports equipment or uniforms (new or second-hand).
How does it work?
- The parent, legal guardian, temporary foster or kinship carer of a child can register their children for a voucher towards eligible activities or programs (e.g. for registration, uniforms and new or used equipment costs). For more information about eligible activities or programs visit the Get Active Victoria website – www.getactive.vic.gov.au
- Eligible applicants are required to pay up front for their chosen activity or program and then complete an application form (with copies of their invoice/s and receipt/s).
- The applicant is reimbursed up to $200 towards eligible costs (subject to eligibility).
- There are 100,000 vouchers available over the duration of the program.
Who is eligible to apply?
- The parent, legal guardian, temporary foster or kinship carer of a child who is the holder of a valid Australian Government Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card with named dependents can apply.
- To be eligible kids need to be 4 to 18 years old and a resident in Victoria.
- If an individual or family is experiencing financial hardship as a result of an unforeseen situation, they may be eligible, without an Australian Government Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card. This will be assessed on a case by case basis.
- The Program will be delivered across four Rounds from 1 March 2021 until 17 April 2022.
- The opening round of the program will cover eligible expenses incurred between 1 January 2021 and 11 April 2021. Applications for vouchers in this round open 1 March 2021 and close 11 April 2021.
- The online application portal will open at 10.00am on Monday 1 March 2021.
To find out more view:
- The Program website – www.getactive.vic.gov.au/vouchers
- The Program guidelines – https://www.getactive.vic.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Get-Active-Kids-Voucher-Program-Guidelines-February-2021.pdf